The Foundation for Service Dog Support, Inc. (FSDS) Supports Disabled Military Veterans
If you are a disabled military veteran, you will qualify for a full scholarship to received a fully trained and certified service dog from our program.
The FSDS is an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities, and gives preferential consideration to disabled military veterans. If you were wounded in the line of duty, we understand that your disabilities live on long after the media attention and outpouring of public support. Most benefits to which you may be entitled DO NOT cover service dog costs. Initial costs to obtain a dog can be prohibitive. A service dog increases independence and safety, and can dramatically improve your quality of life. The FSDS trains service dogs for individuals with mobility challenges, medical needs and PTSD.
Program benefits include the following:
1. Full scholarship
2. All dogs placed have already been tested to ensure they do not have evidence of hip dysplasia
3. An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) to accommodate your disabilities and learning needs.
4. Assignment to a Distance Educator, who will work with you to assist you in completing all
didactic lessons online, from the comfort of your home, on your schedule.
5. Assignment to a student mentor, who is raising the dog you will receive and can work with you
on public access issues.
6. Advanced service skill training is individualized to meet your special needs (the dogs are not
generically trained and matched at the conclusion of the process).
7. A canine first aid and CPR certification class
8. All necessary working equipment, including vest, booties, harness (if needed), collar and leash
9. Coaching for certification exams
10. Follow-up services and assistance for the working life of your dog