The Queen of Hearts has been cancelled
until further notice
QUEEN OF HEARTS RULES
CRANDALL PALMER POST 61
- Raffle is open only to American Legion/Unit or SAL Members, VFW and DAV members.
- The Raffle Committee consisting of the Commander and the Executive Committee will manage the drawing.
- Game starts with 54 cards (including Jokers).
- Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
- Print your name on back of ticket. Only 1 name per ticket.
- Three tickets will be drawn each week. If ticket is pulled without a name or more than one name, that ticket will be considered void and another ticket. drawn.
- The three tickets will then be placed into another container and drawn one at a time. The first two tickets will receive a drink chip.
- If the person whose name is on the third ticket IS present he/she will point out which card they want selected.
- If the person whose name in on the third ticket is NOT present, a randomly selected person will select the card.
- If the winner is not present, prize must be claimed within 30 days.
- Drawings will be held each Saturday Night at 8:00PM. Sales will close at 7:45PM. Tickets will be sold Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays.
- All tickets will be discarded after each drawing.
- All Winners of $600.00 or more will receive a W2-G.
- All chosen cards will be displayed until the Queen of Hearts is drawn.
- If the Queen of Hearts is not drawn the winner will be paid according to the payout chart.
- The game ends and a new game starts when the Queen of Hearts is drawn.
- $500.00 from Post General Fund will start the new game.
|PAYOUTS FOR CARDS||WINNER PRESENT||WINNER NOT PRESENT|
|QUEEN OF HEARTS||50% OF POT||25% OF POT|
|KING, JACK, TEN||$50||$25|
|2-9 ALL SUITS||5X FACE VALUE OF CARD||2.5X FACE VALUE|
*NOTE: Jokers can be used as a wild card allowing the winner to draw another card. If you choose to draw another card, you forfeit the $70 payout. The winner's POT stays the same amount.
IRS TAX RULES - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice_1340.pdf